Who we are
Our website address is: https://playkindcards.com/.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your personal contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your work contact details, including company name, website, email, street address and/or telephone number;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- your credit card or other payment details directly through our website;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences in relation to volunteering activities and times;
- your reasons for donating;
- information you provide to us through logging an act of kindness;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, at face to face events, through associated fundraising applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Your privacy is important to us and we will never disclose your personal identity with anyone without your permission. Personal information is only collected to better support your interaction with Kindness Factory Asutralia™ and Play Kind Cards™ and our overarching mission. We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- unless you choose to opt-out, to publicly acknowledge your donation including (without limitation) on our Site, on a donor wall, in our reports or via other stewardship channels;
- to contact and communicate with you and enable you to receive information about our goods, services and programs;
- to enable you to donate to us and for us to generate and provide receipts for your donations;
- to send you a one-off card notification or receipt of a donation gift made on your behalf (if your details are collected from a third party for this purpose we will only use them for this purpose and our card notification will act as our notice to you of the collection);
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, goods, services, programs, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your volunteer, contractor or employment application, provide training and communicate future opportunities.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) those who assist in processing our donations, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our volunteers, contractors, employees, or related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products or services to you.
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar, Google Optimize and social media pixels. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia and the USA; and
- any other third parties you authorise us to disclose personal information to.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, we may legally be unable to provide some of your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is stored securely, whether in electronic files, in hard copy or in the cloud. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Play Kind Cards™
Phone: +61 426 266 304
Last update: 26 June 2019
Term and Conditions
These terms and conditions (Terms) govern your use of this website located at www.playkindcards.com (Site). Throughout these Terms, when we mention ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’, we mean Play Kind Cards™, an initiative of Kindness Factory Australia Ltd™
Please read these Terms carefully before using this Site. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, you should not use this Site and you should close this Site immediately.
We may revise these Terms from time to time. Revised Terms are effective immediately upon being posted onto this Site. Your continued use of this Site will mark your acceptance of any such revised Terms.
Use of Content
Unless otherwise indicated by us, we own all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in all text, graphics, images, artwork, photographs, pictures, trade marks, logos, computer code and other materials posted on this Site (Content), and the arrangement of this Content.
Occasionally, we may publish Content in which the copyright is not owned by us. When this is done, we make every effort to acknowledge the copyright owner.
The Content may only be used by you for personal, educational and non-commercial purposes. You agree not to:
(a) alter or remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notice of ours or of any other company appearing on this Site;
(b) copy, sell, reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute, the Content or upload, post or display the Content on any other website or medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise;
(c) modify or edit the Content in any way; or
(d) to the maximum extent permitted by law, reverse engineer, translate, adapt or modify any software used in connection with this Site.
Our approval of any fundraising activity does not constitute permission to reproduce or modify any of the Content on this Site and all requests for such permission must be approved by us in writing.
The Content on this Site is for general information purposes only. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, reliability, currency or continuous supply of any of the Content on this Site. As a user of this Site, you are required to make your own enquiries before entering into any transaction on the basis of, or in reliance upon, the Content.
In the event that you find any inaccurate information on this Site, or have any complaint about what we have published, please email email@example.com. We will investigate the matter on receipt of your email and will take such further action as we consider appropriate.
Approved Instagram, Facebook and Twitter content terms and conditions
When accepting rights requests you are allowing Kindness Factory to use your content in future marketing campaigns with no copyright.
Rights will be requested by Kindness Factory Australia Ltd™ and Play Kind Cards™ via commenting on your Instagram or facebook page or via a Tweet and require a response to approve use of your content. To agree to Kindness Factory Asutralia Ltd™ and Play Kind Cards™ reusing your content simply reply saying “yes” or “no”
Copyright: Upon approval, photos become available for use by Kindness Factory Australia Ltd™ and Play Kind Cards™ and each participant relinquishes any claims of ownership or rights therein upon approval of their content to be used.
You must use this Site for lawful purposes only. You must not transmit via this Site any material which is illegal, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others.
Access to the Kindness Factory “Donations” webpage, is provided “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind except those not able to be excluded by law. Kindness Factory does not guarantee such access, particularly access by mobile phone, or that such access will be continuous, uninterrupted or secure. Mobile phone access to the website may be subject to network limitations and availability as well as factors beyond the control of Kindness Factory.
Other Terms and Conditions
Additional terms and conditions may apply to specific portions or features of this Site, including contests, promotions or other similar features, all of which terms are made a part of these Terms by this clause.
You agree to abide by such other terms and conditions, including (where applicable) representing that you are of sufficient legal age to use or participate in such service or feature. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the terms posted for, or applicable to, a specific portion of this Site or for any service offered on or through this Site, the latter terms will take precedence with respect to your use of that portion of this Site or the specific service.
Your access to and use of this Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
To the full extent permitted by law, we disclaim all conditions, warranties or rights of any kind in relation to products, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
We are not responsible for any loss or damage caused by this Site (or a part of this Site) being suspended, terminated or your access to and use of this Site limited, or for late delivery or cancellation of an order of a product, except as set out expressly in these Terms.
While we exercise all due care, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that the Site will be free of infection, viruses, defects, harmful components or any other codes that may have contaminating or destructive properties. We recommend that you install up-to-date virus protection software on your computer prior to using this Site.
We also make no warranty that:
(a) the Site or products which you order through the Site will meet your requirements;
(b) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or
(c) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Site will meet your expectations.
Where any condition, warranty or right is implied by law and cannot be excluded, we limit our liability for breach of, or other act contrary to, that implied condition, warranty or right, at our option, to either:
(a) the re-supply of the products or services; or
(b) an amount equivalent to having the products or services re-supplied.
Except as expressly stated in these Terms and in respect of any liability that cannot be excluded by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind (including any direct, indirect, incidental and consequential loss or damages) arising in connection with your access to, or use of, or inability to use this Site, the Content (including linked websites) or products which you order through this Site. The foregoing applies whether such loss or damages arise under contract, in tort, in negligence, under statute or otherwise.
We rely on you observing these Terms at all times. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, employees and agents harmless from any claims of any nature whatsoever (including legal costs) by any third party arising out of or in connection with your access to and use of the Site. The indemnity is this clause extends to and covers your breach of these Terms.
Third Party Sites
We may link this Site to other websites which are not under the control of, or maintained by, us. We are providing these links to you only as a matter of convenience and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for the content of such websites. We do not endorse or recommend any products, materials or services displayed or offered on any websites which may be linked to this Site.
Links from External Sites
We may grant you permission to create a hyperlink from any other website to this Site, upon request. You must receive our permission in writing prior to posting such a hyperlink.
All hyperlinks to this Site must point to www.playkindcards.com not to any internal page, and any text-only link must be identified as ‘Play Kind Cards™”. Any deviation from these Terms must be approved by us in writing.
These Terms between you and us will be governed by the law. Although this Site can be accessed internationally, we do not represent that the content of this Site complies with the laws (including the intellectual property laws) of countries outside Australia. If you access this Site from outside Australia, you do this at your own risk and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms comprise the entire agreement between you and us in respect to your use of this Site.